Friday, April 18, 2008
I just wanted to let people know that I have just finished to port the latest Xournal (version 0.4.2.1) to Maemo (sorry, only chinook for now).
The most interesting features of the new version are Pressure Sensitivity and Shape Recognition.
You can find more info about that on the Xournal page.
The Maemo port has a bunch of new features compared to the old port (version 0.4.1):
- The user interface has been fully hildonized
- Added pressure sensitivity toggle button (enabled by default)
- Added support for the Maemo File Manager (double tapping a .xoj file opens Xournal)
- Added support for the Backup/Restore application (the saved settings will be backed up)
- Menus have been shortened to contain Maemo useful options (Uncheck "Options->Shorten Menus" to get the whole menu items back)
- Color support has been greatly enhanced
- Help support added (russian translation also available, thanks to ITT forum member "sashabe")
- Overall size has been reduced to the bare minimum
You can find Xournal in the Maemo Extras repository, so just go to your Application Manager, enable the "maemo Extras" repository and refresh the list of applications.
Go to the Tools category to find Xournal and install it.
The full size should be a bit more than 1Mb.
I hope you enjoy it as much as I have enjoyed porting it.
Click on the image above to see it at full size.
Note: Xournal depends on the package "poppler-utils". It is actually in the "maemo Extras Devel" repository
(http://repository.maemo.org/extras-devel/ free non-free).
I will contact the poppler-utils maintainer to see if he can move it to "maemo Extras".
In the meanwhile you can use the install file that I have added to the Xournal page in the Maemo Downloads section.